Cross-Boundary Tools to Implement Shared Stewardship
“Cross-Boundary Tools to Implement Shared Stewardship” peer learning session on Thursday, October 15, 2020 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EDT
- Articulate successful applications of Good Neighbor Authority for tribes, counties, and states;
- Provide examples of when tools like Good Neighbor Authority are unlikely to be successful;
- Discuss how to use tools from the Tribal Forest Protection Act;
- Discuss how to use tools from the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act; and
- Discuss how to use Stewardship Contracting.
All who are involved or interested in Shared Stewardship.
- Rob Farrell, Virginia State Forester;
- Jim Durglo, Intertribal Timber Council Wildland Fire Technical Specialist;
- Lynn Sholty, USDA Forest Service Grants and Agreements Specialist; and
Nils Christoffersen, Wallowa Resources Executive Director
October 15, 2020